Lake Erie Beach

Lake Erie Beach

Saturday, October 22, 2011

~Untitled Future~

The night speaks to me in whispers
Telling tales of
Day’s gone bye
In the blink of an eye
As if
Every scene that has
Played before me
Was but a moment in time
Leading to this moment
Where once again
My path has
Many different directions to take,
Only one leads through to
That place where
I can feel free from
That which has
Troubled my soul
for so long.

Every moment past has lent to
Who I am today,
Never to regret
One single moment, for
Each has meaning and
A place in my heart

Even those which have troubled me
Have given me strength to endure
All that was and is to come. 

Lessons learned give credit to
That which speaks to me
Each day as I give thanks for
All things given me
By His grace for
Nothing is possible
Without this…

To walk in faith is how
I choose to live,
Not looking back to see
What I may have missed, but
Looking forward to
What lies ahead in my path,
To look back while moving forward
Will only give cause to
Stumble over obstacles that
Are always there…

Anyone who ever said that
There are no obstacles,
Has never truly walked in faith…
To plan is not wrong, but
This does not leave room for
Times of turbulence,
Which often leads to
Trouble in dealing with
Obstacles as they come…

To plan ahead
With a knowledge that
There are sure to be
Many obstacles
Gives greater value to
The journey as
They are overcome with
The same faith that
Led to that time.

Strength is not something that
Can be measured
As each individual
Is given their own ability
To work through
And overcome,
We are all strong enough to endure,
It is a matter of
Reaching in and pulling on
That strength when needed,
As my lessons have taught me.

Realizing that
Even when feeling
Lost and alone,
I am never
Truly alone
As long as
I remember
Who I am and
Where I came from.

Looking forward
I am confident that
I can endure and
Will become
Who I am meant to be.


Copyright © October 20th, 2011 C. S. Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment