Lake Erie Beach

Lake Erie Beach

Friday, June 1, 2012

~Love Sustained~


I’ve lived life,
Experienced more, than
Some do in a lifetime,
I’ve known love,
Known what it is to love another,
Wanting to share in all ways,
Known what it’s like to see,
Nothing but good in another,
Beyond my own instincts,
Telling me right from wrong.

I’ve loved and lost, and
Loved again, but
I’ve never known love this deep,
Completely immersed,
Being so in love, that
I’d do anything to maintain it,
To see this love realized,
Go anywhere,
Step outside,
Every comfort zone,
Ever known,
I’ve faced adversity,
Written every song,
Within my heart, and
Cried.

I’ve felt it at its peak,
The highest,
Most euphoric feeling,
I’ve ever known,
These same feelings live on,
Wanting you in every way,
For each time I look at you,
Every time you speak,
My heart skips a beat,
Every time you’re upset,
I feel a need to cry with you, and
When you’re angry,
My first instinct is,
To help calm you,
To see you happy,
Makes my own light shine,
Brighter than any star in the sky.



Copyright © May 31st, 2012  C. S. Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment