Lake Erie Beach

Lake Erie Beach

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reaching

My heart beats in time,
With everything around me,
My soul reaches out, 

Impressions are upon me,
 
Through each space in time,

I’m searching, 

I beseech thee,
Guide me through these lies,
I’ve drifted so discreetly,

Reaching out through vines,

All tangled up inside me,
Passions rise like tides,
I’m drifting,


Will you guide me,

Reaching out to you,  

Can’t lose this frail connection,
Listen closely now,

Feel my full intentions,

I’ll hold on for you,  

No matter where you wander,
I’ll be strong for you,  

With every sway or falter,

Let our bond be true,

With everything in tandem,
We will see this through,

For nothing here is random.


Copyright © August 9, 2011 (edited) August 21, 2016 C. S. Leitze

5 comments:

  1. I will always hold on, I will always hold out the hand of friendship, always there no matter the obstacles in the path ahead, always I will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful poem and I feel the emotions present in it. Very nice writing.:)

    ReplyDelete