Lake Erie Beach

Lake Erie Beach

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Playground


I come here each and every day, keen to join in other’s play.

Shy at first without a clue, it feels as if I’m drifting through.

No one knows me or my name; it’s just so fun to join their game.

One game is not enough it seems, I think I’ll join in two or three.

Obsession lands so rapidly, I’m trapped by their hypocrisy.

What began as eight to ten has turned into three hundred friends!

These games are taking over me, I have no time to sit and read.

Days go by without concern, what time is it I feel a burn.

I’m lost inside this world of play; I must break free from want today.

I must recoil and take some time to poise myself and gain my shine.

As calmness sets into my core, I feel compelled to launch once more.

Gently reaching out to see if friends within remember me. 

Many friends are still at play; some have grown or gone away.

Many things have changed I see, so many things including me.

No longer drawn to games or play, I’m overwhelmed by words of praise.

These words that flow so gracefully, such splendor brought into my scene.

I barely recognize their name, we must have met to play a game.

No matter what the circumstance, here and now we have this chance.

A chance to form a bond so strong, it can’t be harmed when things go wrong. 

Past offenses matter not, we know the future holds the lot.

Encouragement doth flow both ways, to make us stronger every day.

And as our friendship grows and mellows, we introduce more friends and fellows.

Surrounded by our friends we’re strong, together we can all go long.

I never worry as we part, my playground lives within my heart! 



Copyright © January 16, 2011 C. S. Walls

4 comments:

  1. Cyn, I wish I can remember what I had originally intended to comment. LOL. Had a bit of confusion on comment options... anyhow... I like this :) It's very sweet and I know just what you're talking about! I'm glad you are writing still. I'm proud of you and hope you continue to write and shine your beauty upon us all. Love you, Soul Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Willow, your comments are always appreciated. Love You too Soul Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *mirth in eyes* I so understand this!!! And GF!!! You do rock! I thoroughly enjoyed this playful and endearing write. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. *grins* It is hard to pull away from those darn games isn't it!! LOL! Thank you once again Ludz, for your never ending words of encouragement, and most of all for just being the Fabulous You that You are!! Love You Soul Sister!!

    ReplyDelete