Lake Erie Beach

Lake Erie Beach

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

~And So~

It always takes forever when I piece my thoughts together
Often they are fluid and can float just like a feather

Other times I'm not so sure of what it is I'm reaching for

Easily distracted by my own thoughts and location
Sending all those lovely words to derail at the station
Never lost within me for they are my love in flavor
Just below the surface eager to be freed and savored, so
I'll liberate and polish every
Veiled attempt at candor for
Your scintillating leisure, as
This is my yearning pleasure to
Entice the sharp reaction to
Each phrase that
Comes my way, and
Speaks to me in
Volumes of the
Glory waiting for me
Here within
My own compassion.

If I crave it
All I need is
Confirmation of
This passion burning
Through my every
Waking breath and
Scene that plays before me.

So I’ll Bask in
All the joy that
Shines so Brightly
When I gaze into
My future and I
See the countless
Wonders that are
Waiting just before me
When I
Let go of
My past and just
Relax and
Let the axe fall
Where it may.


Copyright © September 9, 2011 C. S. Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment