Lake Erie Beach

Lake Erie Beach

Thursday, September 15, 2011

~My Love Is~

There are many poems today that
Talk about the weather
Equating all their dying love to
What they had for dinner
Reality is not so cheap when
Faced with real emotions
Roses though they do smell sweet
are just not my devotion
Lust and Passion,
though it’s deep, is
simply not my style
Most of what I write is sweet
and sure to bring a smile
My heart knows no bounds you see,
I’m open and secure
I’m honest in each choice I make
and do not like obscure
Friendship holds a higher place than
passion in my heart
For at the end of every day,
my friend you keep me smart
I believe in give not take,
ask and you’ll receive
Love is not a petty craze to compliment my need
Love does not come easily to
those who’ve known discord
But recognition is quite keen to
shout loud at the door
Now I’m not one for fancy things,
I live a life that’s pure
I also know a trick or two to
catch my own lobster
I find the beach is where my heart is
comfy and serene
Nothing beats the tranquil peace of
night sky’s lunar scene
I’m not afraid to try new things and
don’t back down in strife
I believe that all live things are
vital in this life
I do not wish to challenge, but
to share my life in full
Till my dying breath is had
and God reclaims my soul.


Copyright © September 14th, 2011 C. S. Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment